News & Events
- CEO Mark Kay interviewed on WallStreetAnanlyzer.com on Tue, Jun. 10, 2014. Click to Listen: ‘StrikeForce CEO Interview ’
- SFOR Management Team recorded a Webex presentation reviewing the company's Q1 2014 10Q Financial Results on Tuesday May 27. Click here to view the Q1 2014 Webex Review.
- StrikeForce Awarded PC, Mac, and Mobile device Keystroke Encryption Patents 8,566,608 & 8,732,483 (May 2014)
- StrikeForce awarded Out-of-Band Authentication Patents 7,870,599 & 8,484,698 & 8,713,701 (May 2014)
- Investor Relations: StrikeForce commences litigation regarding our out-of-band authentication patent #7,870,599 (Mar 2013)
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) was passed by Congress to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the health care system, and reduce the incidence of fraud. Title II of HIPAA, known as the Administrative Simplification (AS) provisions, requires the establishment of national standards for electronic health care transactions and national identifiers for providers, health insurance plans, and employers. The Administration Simplification provisions also address the security and privacy of health data.
The Final Rule on Security Standards was issued on February 20, 2003. It lays out three types of security safeguards required for compliance: administrative, physical, and technical. The technical safeguards require controlling access to computers. Two factor authentication meets this mandate.
StrikeForce Technologies ProtectID product helps meet this aspect of compliance by enabling two factor authentication to resources.